Total Pageviews

Monday 3 May 2010

The begining

I tried to start a blog once before, it wasn't terribly successful, because I didn't update it very often. A recent status has been doing the rounds on facebook which got me thinking about why that may have been. The status went,

"...is a cook, a cleaner, a nanny, a nurse, a handy man, a maid, security, a comforter and an entertainment manager. I don't get holiday, sick pay, or a day off, and I work through the day and all of the night. I am under paid and over worked. Now tell me that your job is harder then mine."

Generally this is posted by people I have as friends on there who are stay at home mums. Now I have nothing against those that stay at home and look after their children...but I do all the things they mention and then 2 and a half days a week I work as a nurse in the community with adults with learning disabilities. And often I do it on my own as my darling husband works away in various parts of the country and sometimes abroad.

It kind of got me thinking that maybe that is why I wasn't terribly great at blogging before! I am however going to try and do better this time. I am sure this would be a fabulous, massively funny, intelligent, entertaining blog...but in actual fact it will probably just be a collection of bizzare ramblings I am a working mama after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment